Mealworm Castings Benefits
At Sunshine State Worms, we have a mealworm castings guide with the benefits and the importance of the growth and nourishment of your plants with this amazing fertilizer. So with that said, let’s get started.
7 Mealworm Castings Benefits
There are tons of advantages of using mealworm castings as a potting soil ingredient, and you can also use it as an additive for planting trees, shrubs, flowers, and vegetables. Here are some of the prominent mealworm castings benefits:
- If you use it as a mulching material, then worm castings will make sure that all the minerals you provide your plants with can directly absorb into the soil when you water them. The primary benefit is that you can use it in as much quantity as you want because worm castings don’t burn the plants.
- The humus inside the worm castings extracts harmful bacteria, fungi, and toxins from the soil and fight off plant diseases.
- Worm castings can also fix heavy metals within the organic waste that, in return, prevent the plants from absorbing large quantities of these chemical compounds. Later on, when plants need these compounds, worm castings release them.
- Plants can have a problem in growing in soils having too low or too high PH levels because these extreme levels stop plants from absorbing nutrients from the soil. But worm castings act as a barrier between PH levels and plants, allowing the plants to get useful nutrients.
- Worm castings also have humic acid that stimulates growth in plants even if provided in low concentrations. Furthermore, it supports the microflora population development in the soil.
- They also enhance the ability of soil to preserve the water that obviously helps plants in the long run. The way worm castings do this is by forming aggregates, which are basically clusters of minerals that are uniquely structured to withstand erosion and compaction of water and, as a result increasing the retention of water.
- Organic plant waste typically contains a carbon-nitrogen ratio of 20 to 1, and because of that, plants don’t get much nitrogen that makes the soil acidic around the organic waste. But with the help of worm castings, you can reduce this formation of acid as it increases the levels of nitrogen.
Now that you know the incredible mealworm castings benefits, you should definitely try it on your plants and harness the benefits in the long run!
Sunshine State Worms Has The Best Mealworms Castings for Sale
Are you looking for the best quality of mealworms castings? Then you are at the right place! Sunshine State Worms have the best mealworms castings for sale that are aimed at supporting the growth and health of your plants. You just need to give us a quick call, and we will help you help your plants have a better soil to grow in.