1. What are Worm Castings?
Worm Castings are a soil conditioner, a source of nutrients and will help break down other nutrients in the soil to make them readily available for plant uptake. Worm castings are an all natural organic fertilizer and pesticide.
• Worm castings increase airflow through the soil
• Worm castings increase water holding capacity
• Worm castings add active microbial life
• Worm castings increase organic matter and content of the soil
• Worm castings increase soil fertility
• Worm castings increase yield
• Worm castings enhance the plants ability to suppress or fight off disease
• Worm castings are also orderless
• Worm Castings are an all natural organic fertilizer and pesticide.
2. Why Should I Use Worm Castings For Soil Conditioner?
Worm Castings are a soil conditioner, a source of nutrients and will help break down other nutrients in the soil to make them readily available for plant uptake. Worm Castings are an all natural organic fertilizer and pesticide.
3. What is the Suggested Rate of Application?
Ohio State University research has shown that the optimum ratio for worm casting to soil is 10%- 20%. Small amounts of worm castings have been shown to have a significant benefit but a minimum recommend amount is 15% soil weight/volume to 20% soil weight/volume where diminishing returns start. For a more specific usage please see below:
• Lawn Enhancement: Spread 1 lb for every 50 square feet.
• Lawn Fix-up/Re-do: Mix 1 lb for every 10 square feet in with topsoil before seeding.
• Indoor Plants: Approximately 15% of potting soil. Mix 1.5 cups with 10 cups potting soil.
• Garden: Till in with top 6”-10” of top soil. 1 lb for every 10 square feet.
• Garden: Top Dressing – Spread 1 lb for every 40-50 square feet.
CallieDiesel (verified owner) –
We purchased this to enrich our garden soil. The casings were clean and 5 pounds is a lot. The package was packed securely and arrived promptly.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch